||Washington, DC Area (with possibility of telework)
||Commensurate with education and experience
Solutions for Information Design (SOLID) is seeking a Mariner Occupational Analyst who has specialized expertise in occupational and credential requirements for civilian mariner positions. While our preference is to fill a full-time position, we will consider highly-qualified part-time candidates. SOLID is an occupational research and analysis firm that supports a variety of federal government and private sector initiatives with an emphasis on research associated with translating military training and experience to civilian jobs and credentials.
The ideal candidate for this position must have extensive subject matter expertise in the following:
- Civilian and/or merchant mariner occupational requirements;
- US Coast Guard credential requirements; and
- How military Service members and Veterans can best meet mariner occupational and credential requirements.
Candidates should also possess the ability to organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple concurrent tasks. They must have strong initiative and be able to work independently, but also be comfortable working remotely with a team of analysts. Due to the military focus of much of our work, this position would be well suited for a military veteran.
The Mariner Occupational Analyst’s primary responsibilities will be to provide subject matter expertise in the application of military training and experience to civilian mariner job and credential requirements. This includes providing guidance on the detailed requirements of US Coast Guard (USCG) credentials to enable Service members to determine the extent to which they qualify for the credentials, what gaps they might have between their training and experience and the USCG requirements, and resources available to help them fill these gaps.
In addition, the Mariner Occupational Analyst will work as part of a research team on multiple projects. Job responsibilities may include:
- Policy analysis
- Job/task analysis
- Occupational classification
- Workforce development research
- Skills gap analysis
- Training needs analysis
- Other social science research and analysis
- Data entry and management
- Preparing technical reports
- Presentations to clients
- Business process and business rule development and documentation
- Proposal development
- Must be a US citizen
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Public Administration, Human Resources, I/O Psychology, or related areas of Maritime study such as Marine Transportation, Marine Logistics and Security, or related areas and five years of related experience
- Associate degree in related area of study with 10-years of experience
- Excellent research and analytical skills (with an emphasis on types of analysis noted above)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong computer skills including but not limited to Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Occupational classification systems (e.g., SOC, O*NET, OPM)
- Military occupational classification as well as military education and training
- Credentialing, including professional certification and licensure
- The SharePoint and Office 365 environment
SOLID operates under a virtual workplace model; thus, this position will be home based. We will provide all the necessary computer equipment and collaboration tools required for the position.
To apply, please fill out the form below.