Find a new opportunity at SOLID! Join our well-established, growing company as the Accounting Generalist where you can be a key part of a team creating solutions to help United States Military personnel and civilians plan their careers by better understanding and utilizing their professional knowledge, skills, abilities.
SOLID’s virtual workplace, emphasis on work/life balance, and team-based approach will allow you to have a big impact at a small company. We also offer generous paid time off, a 401(k) with a company match, a profit-sharing plan, and comprehensive medical, dental, and disability insurance benefits.
The Accounting Generalist ensures SOLID’s finance and accounting activities are accurate, timely, and in compliance with all generally accepted accounting principles. The role will oversee the day-to-day activities of the company’s accounting systems and financial assets. The Accounting Generalist will collaborate with the Director of Operations and other SOLID senior leaders to develop, manage, and implement company-wide and departmental budgets. The Accounting Generalist is responsible for overseeing and collaborating with the SOLID Director of Operations, Human Resources Manager, and Project Management Office to ensure that the company is operating at high levels across all business support departments.
The Accounting Generalist will manage the financial health of our organization in order to promote success and growth while maintaining legal financial practices. Duties include financial planning to determine how to pay off liabilities and grow the business, reviewing financial documents to ensure tax-compliance, collaboration with other departments to achieve monetary goals, and managing all accounting related activities.
This role will be accountable for the timely and accurate completion of payroll activities on a semi-monthly basis. Additionally, the Accounting Generalist will handle certain financial aspects of contract lifecycle management tasks for SOLID’s private and federal contracts.
SOLID has operated a virtual workplace environment for 18 years; you will work from home as the Accounting Generalist at SOLID. Most of our employees reside in the DC metropolitan area and this is our preference for the candidate, but we encourage you to apply if you live outside this area.
You’ll be joining a well-established, agile-based team and playing a critical role in the design and implementation of web applications and digital tools that are utilized daily by U.S. Military Service members and other individuals. This is an exciting opportunity to play a big part on a small but impactful team, and to create something that will be used to improve the lives of many Americans!
Applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
- Maintain the financial health of the organization.
- Direct and coordinate the company’s financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to CEO, Director of Operations, and other managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
- Manage and maintain company books in QuickBooks. This includes, but is not limited to, preparing, entering, and posting payroll, accounts payables, and accounts receivables.
- Manage and maintain SOLID bank accounts.
- Oversee, handle, and monitor all accounts payables and receivables.
- Oversee/manage payroll-related activities utilizing internal systems and ADP Workforce Now.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Manage and assure filing compliance for Federal, State and Local taxes.
- Oversee financial operations of the Operations Department; develop, set, and oversee goals; design a framework and develop objectives for goals to be met.
- Manage and maintain SOLID’s contractual/GSA schedule labor rates.
- Manage/maintain project books; plan and manage project budgets, forecasting, and invoicing.
- Advise Project Leads on financial perspectives of contracts.
- Provide Quarterly FAS Sales reporting and payment.
- Manage subcontractors invoices and assures timely payments.
- Produce and deliver annual 1099 filings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Three (3)+ years demonstrated experience in accounting and/or finance roles.
- Proven understanding of GAAP revenue recognition and DFAR Cost Principles for cost allowability.
- Experience in the financial sector with previous possible roles such as financial analyst.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics (or demonstrated experience in lieu of degree)
- Must be a US citizen.
- Professional qualifications such as CFA/CPA or similar will be considered a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles.
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience using financial software.
- Ability to manage, guide, and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used.
- Working knowledge of all statutory financial legislation and regulations.
- Proficient in and knowledgeable of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
SOLID is an equal opportunity employer
SOLID operates under a virtual workplace model; thus, this position will be home-based. We will provide all the necessary computer equipment and collaboration tools required for the position.
To apply, please fill out the form below.