Find a new opportunity at SOLID! Join our well-established, growing company as the Director of IT where you will be a critical part of a team creating solutions to help United States Military Veterans plan for and transition into successful civilian careers.
SOLID’s virtual workplace, emphasis on work/life balance, and team-based approach will allow you to have a big impact at a small company. We also offer generous paid time off, a 401(k) with a company match, a profit-sharing plan, and comprehensive medical, dental, and disability insurance benefits.
SOLID has operated a virtual workplace environment for the 17 years we’ve been in business; you will work from home as the Director of IT at SOLID. Most of our employees reside in the DC metropolitan area and this is our preference for the candidate, but we encourage you to apply if you live outside this area.
The Director of Information Technology will manage and direct the company’s information technology (IT) operations, ensuring the department provides efficient and effective web application development, a high level of client responsiveness and satisfaction, and stays relevant to the market with current technology. The IT Director will also directly provide technical support, web development, and engineering on a variety of SOLID’s projects.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a big part on a small but impactful team, and to create something that will be used to improve the lives of United States Military Service members and Veterans!
Applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
- Hires and trains IT staff
- Schedules, organizes, and assigns projects to members of the IT team
- Identifies, plans, and takes the lead on major projects
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive
- Handles accountability, discipline, and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy
- Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages of custom development vs. purchased alternatives
- Partner with other members of the IT team to develop custom solutions for stakeholders and potential clients
- Develop applications by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms
- Design and implement browser-based user interfaces for current and future web sites and web applications
- Develop and/or integrate graphical components into websites and applications
- Research, present, and implement modern technology relevant to SOLID’s competitors, specifically including machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Oversee security of systems, networks, and enterprise information
- Develop and manage security solutions for web applications and internal IT structure
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science required; master’s degree or MBA preferred
- 10 – 15+ years of web application development work experience
- 5 – 10+ years of experience managing an IT department
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and think creatively
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team
- Experience with Web 3.0 technologies and ability to stay abreast of new emerging and technologies
- Demonstrated experience in IT project management, managing web development teams, and working in an Agile software development environment
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and management skills
- Thorough understanding of IT and practical applications to support the company’s goals
- Experience implementing complex business rules
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and self-manage deadlines of assigned tasks and projects
- (Preferred) Hands-on experience with ATO and IA security principles and processes, having participated in obtaining an application ATO a strong plus
- (Preferred) Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to CAC-enabled environments and PII
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
SOLID is an equal opportunity employer.
SOLID operates under a virtual workplace model; thus, this position will be home based. We will provide all the necessary computer equipment and collaboration tools required for the position.
To apply, please fill out the form below.