|Position Type:||Full Time, ~40 hours per week|
|Salary:||Commensurate with Experience and Skills|
|Location:||Remote; Work From Home|
Find a new opportunity at SOLID! Join our well-established, growing company as the Director of IT where you will be a critical part of a team creating solutions to help United States Military Veterans plan for and transition into successful civilian careers.
SOLID’s virtual workplace, emphasis on work/life balance, and team-based approach will allow you to have a big impact at a small company. We also offer generous paid time off, a 401(k) with a company match, a profit-sharing plan, and comprehensive medical, dental, and disability insurance benefits.
SOLID has operated a virtual workplace environment for the 17 years we’ve been in business; you will work from home as the Director of IT at SOLID. Most of our employees reside in the DC metropolitan area and this is our preference for the candidate, but we encourage you to apply if you live outside this area.
The Director of Information Technology will manage and direct the company’s information technology (IT) operations, ensuring the department provides efficient and effective web application development, a high level of client responsiveness and satisfaction, stays relevant to the market with current technology, and plans for emerging technology.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a big part on a small but impactful team, and to create something that will be used to improve the lives of United States Military Service members and Veterans!
Applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
- Oversee delivery of the portfolio of IT projects to ensure they produce the desired outcomes
- Work with SOLID leadership team to shape strategy and priorities
- Develop, oversee, and supervise a high-performance and professional workforce, and ensure that IT staff have the resource, skills and experience needed to meet future business needs and advance their careers
- Provide clear direction to enable others to achieve mission critical priorities, lead and champion innovation and change to keep pace with the external environment, and conceptualize / turn ideas into actionable goals
- Identify and provide strategic insights for future business development opportunities, and contribute to ongoing business development activities
- Oversee department budgeting and forecasting
- Collaborate with other SOLID leaders to identify and implement process improvements for increased efficiency and quality of deliverables
- Establish and foster positive working relationships amongst external and internal team members and stakeholders
- Promote innovation and the awareness and adoption of new tools and technology-enabled work practices that will improve productivity and effectiveness
- Research, identify, and direct the implementation of modern technology relevant to SOLID’s business and competitors, specifically including machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Represent and expand SOLID’s influence at client meetings, networking events, and industry events (SOLID partners with Federal government, private, and non-profit stakeholders)
- Ensure that digital risks are well managed, and that IT capabilities are robust and available to support business continuity
- Oversee CMMC and ATO compliance, and security for web applications, internal IT structure, systems, and networks
- Conduct performance evaluations that are timely and constructive
- Perform other related duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience); master’s degree in IT Management or Business Administration preferred
- 10 – 15+ years of web application development
- 5 – 10+ years of experience managing an IT department
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Substantial experience in planning and executing IT strategy; formulating, allocating, and evaluating major policy, programs, and IT modernization projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team
- Demonstrated experience in IT project management, managing web development teams, and working in an Agile software development environment
- Knowledge, understanding, and experience working in high-level client-facing roles with government and/or DoD clients
- Experience with Web 3.0 technologies and ability to stay abreast of emerging technologies
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and think creatively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong public speaking experience and abilities
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and management skills
- (Preferred) Hands-on experience with ATO and IA security principles and processes, having participated in obtaining or maintaining an application ATO a strong plus
- (Preferred) Knowledge of and experience with the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) requirements and process
- (Preferred) Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to CAC-enabled environments, CUI and PII
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
SOLID is an equal opportunity employer
SOLID operates under a virtual workplace model; thus, this position will be home-based. We will provide all the necessary computer equipment and collaboration tools required for the position.
To apply, please fill out the form below.