|Position Type:||Full Time, ~40 hours per week|
|Salary:||Commensurate with Experience and Skills|
|Location:||Remote; Work From Home|
Find a new opportunity at SOLID! Join our well-established, growing company as Director of Operations where you can be a key part of a team creating solutions to help United States Military personnel and civilians plan their careers by better understanding and utilizing their professional knowledge, skills, abilities.
SOLID’s virtual workplace, emphasis on work/life balance, and team-based approach will allow you to have a big impact at a small company. We also offer generous paid time off, a 401(k) with a company match, a profit-sharing plan, and comprehensive medical, dental, and disability insurance benefits.
The Director of Operations ensures SOLID runs smoothly, efficiently, and effectively. The role oversees the day-to-day activities of the company, focusing on reviewing and improving processes related to quality control, performance, customer service, and business administration. The Director collaborates with other SOLID senior leaders to develop, set, and implement strategic goals for operational efficiency and increased productivity.
SOLID is a small and growing company, and the Director of Operations is responsible for overseeing and collaborating with other SOLID leaders and subordinates, including the SOLID Finance Manager, Human Resources Manager, and Project Management Office to ensure that the company is operating at high levels across all business support departments.
Director of Operations candidates should be especially skilled at developing long-term operational strategies, ensuring successful completion of business and administrative support activities, and working closely with senior management to meet company objectives. This company leader will oversee the documentation of all operations to ensure that consistent, efficient workflows are in place and are yielding optimal productivity and performance (SOPs).
Successful candidates should have proven experience working as a high-level strategic operations manager or director in a dynamic setting. The Director of Operations should bring strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills to SOLID and should enjoy designing, developing, and implementing solutions that push innovative boundaries.
SOLID has operated a virtual workplace environment for 18 years; you will work from home as The Director of Operations at SOLID. Many of our employees reside in the DC metropolitan area and this is our preference for the candidate, but we encourage you to apply if you live outside this area.
Applicants must be U.S.Citizens.
- Develop, set, and implement company-wide and/or department-specific goals for operational efficiency and increased productivity.
- Develop performance goals and long-term operational plans.
- Oversee Finance, Human Resources, Compliance, and Project Management Office.
- Develop, supervise, and collaborate with a high-performance and professional workforce, to ensure Human Resources, Finance and PMO staff have the skills and experience needed to meet future business needs and advance their careers.
- Identify and implement internal process improvements to increase organizational efficiency and the quality of our deliverables; establish quality control processes and mechanisms across departments.
- Analyze current operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement when necessary; maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration.
- Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for our key initiatives; plan, monitor, and analyze key operations metrics to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks.
- Collaborate with Finance Manager to oversee overall company budget and finances.
- Oversee federal contract management; lead contract lifecycle management workflow.
- Build and maintain relationships with all department heads, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals.
- Devise strategies to ensure growth of programs enterprise-wide, identifying and implementing process improvements that will maximize output and minimize costs.
- Uphold organization policies and standards, ensuring legislative regulations are followed.
- Work closely with Human Resources to direct company with integrity; establish and maintain a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment.
- Collaborate with Human Resources Manager and Finance Manager to develop and maintain compensation policies that are comprehensive, competitive, and aligned with company budget.
- Ensure that departmental decisions and project plans such as those for staffing, development, organization, material efficiency, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with the organizations business plan and vision.
- Establish, communicate, and implement documentation for operations-related policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution (SOPs). Oversee and maintain the successful completion of SOP documentation across all departments.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field; MBA preferred (or equivalent experience).
- Minimum of ten (10) years demonstrated experience in an operations role, preferably with a company supporting Federal government stakeholders and projects.
- Minimum of five (5) years managing, leading, and developing teams.
- Ten (10)+ years in management or senior leadership role in related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Masterful organizational, communication, and leadership skills, demonstrated by previous professional success.
- Superior knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including finance, customer service, project portfolio management, and employee management.
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands.
- Strong working knowledge of industry/government regulations and legislative guidelines.
- Experience with budget and business plan development.
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for increased productivity.
- Superior negotiation skills in both internal and external settings.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
SOLID is an equal opportunity employer.
SOLID operates under a virtual workplace model; thus, this position will be home-based. We will provide all the necessary computer equipment and collaboration tools required for the position.
To apply, please fill out the form below.