|Position Type:||Full Time, ~40 hours per week|
|Salary:||Commensurate with Experience and Skills|
|Location:||Remote; Work From Home|
Find a new opportunity at SOLID! Join our well-established, growing company as the Director of Research and Analysis where you will be a critical part of a team creating solutions to help United States Military Veterans plan for and transition into successful civilian careers.
The Director of Research and Analysis is the ultimate owner of SOLID’s analysis project portfolio and, as a member of the organization’s senior team, contributes to the strategic development and leadership of the organization. This role requires a strategic-minded individual that has experience directing and managing large research projects. The Director of Research and Analysis also develops, manages, and guides the workforce supporting the project portfolio, which focuses on workforce development with an emphasis on academic and non-academic credentialing and employment especially as related to military service members and veterans. The Director provides final sign-off in consultation with internal subject-matter experts on major research and analysis deliverables.
This position requires a high level of communication and collaboration with stakeholders across many levels, including SOLID executives, managers, and employees as well as clients and other external stakeholders. Candidates should have a strong background in both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies. Candidates should also have experience in occupational research, including both civilian and United States military occupational structures.
Applicants must be U.S.Citizens.
- Oversee delivery of the research and analysis portfolio of SOLID projects to ensure that staff produce the desired outcomes.
- Assess alignment of research and analysis portfolio priorities as it relates to SOLID’s strategic plan; identify mission critical priorities and provide clear direction on how to meet those goals.
- Develop, oversee, and supervise a high-performance and professional workforce, and work with department leadership to ensure that analysis staff have the skills and experience needed to meet future business needs and advance their careers.
- Establish and foster positive working relationships with internal team members.
- Collaborate with SOLID senior leaders to identify and implement internal process improvements to increase organizational efficiency and the quality of our deliverables.
- Approve data modeling processes for algorithms and predictive models.
- Research and champion innovative processes, methodologies, and technology as it relates to SOLID’s analytics and translate to actionable improvements for the analysis department.
- Support the Strategy and Growth Department by identifying and providing strategic insights for future business development opportunities and contribute to ongoing business development activities.
- Oversee departmental budgeting and forecasting to ensure research and analysis activities will maintain SOLID’s competitive position and profitability.
- Build effective relationships with senior leaders across a variety of external stakeholder groups (e.g., clients, industry, partners).
- Represent and expand SOLID’s influence at client meetings, networking events, conferences, and other relevant meetings and events (SOLID partners with Federal government, private, and non-profit stakeholders).
- Oversee and guide performance evaluation process for Research and Analysis department.
- Master’s degree in a social science, data analytics/data science field or other related field; PhD preferred (or equivalent experience).
- Minimum of 10 years demonstrated experience in a research and analysis role, preferably with Federal government stakeholders and projects.
- Minimum of 5 years managing, leading, and developing teams.
- Must be a United States citizen.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience and success in portfolio management.
- Understanding of and ability to guide staff on potential for leveraging of technological analysis process improvements (e.g., Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning).
- Knowledge of military and civilian occupation classification systems, including the Department of Labors O*NET and Standard Occupational Classification Systems.
- Knowledge of Credentialing Ecosystem, to include an understanding of:
- Certification, Licensure, Apprenticeships, and Education Pathways
- Higher Education Prior Learning Assessment Processes
- American Council on Education (ACE) Military Credit Recommendations
- Understanding of and/or experience with performing job-task, training, and/or skill gap analysis for civilian occupations, and/or academic and non-academic credentialing pathways.
- Understanding of and/or experience with the United States Military’s mission, structure, professional development opportunities, and occupational classification systems.
- Knowledge, understanding, and experience working in high-level client-facing roles with government and/or DoD clients.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to lead and inspire a team.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and think creatively and to provide overall strategic direction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking experience and abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong management skills.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
SOLID is an equal opportunity employer.
SOLID operates under a virtual workplace model; thus, this position will be home-based. We will provide all the necessary computer equipment and collaboration tools required for the position.
To apply, please fill out the form below.