Find a new opportunity at SOLID! Join our well-established, growing company as a Front-end Web Developer where you will be a key part of a team creating solutions to help United States Military Veterans plan for and transition into successful civilian careers.
SOLID’s virtual workplace, emphasis on work/life balance, and team-based approach will allow you to have a big impact at a small company. We also offer generous paid time off, a 401(k) with a company match, a profit-sharing plan, and comprehensive health and life insurance benefits
SOLID has operated a virtual workplace environment for the 17 years we’ve been in business; you will work from home as a Front-end Web Developer at SOLID. Most of our employees reside in the DC metropolitan area and this is our preference for the candidate, but we encourage you to apply if you live outside this area.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a big part on a small but impactful team, and to create something that will be used to improve the lives of United States Military Service members and Veterans!
Applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
- Work directly with SOLID’s UI/UX Developer and utilize CSS style guides to develop web pages and features for web applications
- Partner with other members of the IT team and SOLID’s business analysts to develop custom solutions for stakeholders and potential clients
- Assist in the defining of application objectives by analyzing requirements and envisioning system features and functionality
- Participate in quality assurance and testing activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years demonstrated front-end web application design and/or development experience
- Must be a United States citizen
Knowldege, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with the Microsoft tech stack (.NET / C#, SQL) is not required but would be a nice bonus to have!
- Ability to work independently and self-manage deadlines of assigned tasks and projects
- Knowledge of modern and upcoming technology related to front-end web development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
SOLID is an equal opportunity employer.
SOLID operates under a virtual workplace model; thus, this position will be home based. We will provide all the necessary computer equipment and collaboration tools required for the position.
To apply, please fill out the form below.