Find a new opportunity at SOLID! Join our well-established, growing company as a Full Stack Web Developer where you will be a key part of a team creating solutions to help United States Military Veterans plan for and transition into successful civilian careers.
SOLID’s virtual workplace, emphasis on work/life balance, and team-based approach will allow you to have a big impact at a small company. We also offer generous paid time off, a 401(k) with a company match, a profit-sharing plan, and comprehensive medical, dental, and disability insurance benefits.
SOLID has operated a virtual workplace environment for the 17 years we’ve been in business; you will work from home as a Full Stack Web Developer at SOLID. Most of our employees reside in the DC metropolitan area and this is our preference for the candidate, but we encourage you to apply if you live outside this area.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a big part on a small but impactful team, and to create something that will be used to improve the lives of United States Military Service members and Veterans!
Applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
- Provide analysis, design, development/coding, testing, implementation, deployment and maintenance of web applications and software
- Partner with other members of the IT team to develop custom solutions for stakeholders and potential clients
- Define application objectives by analyzing requirements and envisioning system features and functionality
- Develop applications by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities
- Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms in an agile development environment
- Participate in quality assurance and testing activities
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field / demonstrated experience)
- 7+ years of web application development
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Full Stack Development capabilities supporting database, server-side development, front end development and CI/CD integration
- Experience with or knowledge of MVC development
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Ability to work independently and self-manage deadlines of assigned tasks and projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
SOLID is an equal opportunity employer.
SOLID operates under a virtual workplace model; thus, this position will be home based. We will provide all the necessary computer equipment and collaboration tools required for the position.
To apply, please fill out the form below.