|Position Type:||Full Time, ~40 hours per week|
|Salary:||Commensurate with Experience and Skills|
|Location:||Remote; Work From Home|
Find a new opportunity at SOLID! Join our well-established, growing company as a Junior Web Developer where you can be an important part of a diverse team designing and creating digital solutions to help United States Military personnel transition into civilian careers.
SOLID’s virtual workplace, emphasis on work/life balance, and team-based approach will allow you to have a big impact at a small company. We also offer generous paid time off, a 401(k) with a company match, a profit-sharing plan, and comprehensive medical, dental, and disability insurance benefits.
SOLID has operated a virtual workplace environment for 18 years; you will work from home as a Junior Analyst at SOLID. Many of our employees reside in the DC metropolitan area and this is our preference for the candidate, however we encourage you to apply if you live outside this area.
This role is well-suited for an individual with a Military background looking for an opportunity to advocate and support Service Members transitioning out of Military Service.
Applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
- Partner with other members of the IT team to develop custom solutions for stakeholders and potential clients.
- Define application objectives by analyzing requirements and envisioning system features and functionality.
- Develop applications by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of CSS style guides.
- Design and develop user interface elements, such as menus, tabs, and widgets.
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that illustrate how sites function and look.
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables).
- Participate in quality assurance and user testing activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- One to Three (1 – 3) years’ experience in a web developer role, preferably one that utilized object-oriented programming.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, UI/UX, Graphic Design, or related fields is preferred. Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of a traditional degree.
- All applicants must be a United States citizen.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Familiarity and/or demonstrated experience with object-oriented programming.
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Ability to work independently and self-manage deadlines of assigned tasks and projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
SOLID is an equal opportunity employer
SOLID operates under a virtual workplace model; thus, this position will be home-based. We will provide all the necessary computer equipment and collaboration tools required for the position.
To apply, please fill out the form below.