|Position Type:||Full Time, ~40 hours per week|
|Salary:||Commensurate with Experience and Skills|
|Location:||Remote; Work From Home|
Find a new opportunity at SOLID! Join our well-established, growing company as the Manager of Research and Analysis where you can be a key part of a team creating solutions to help United States Military personnel and civilians plan their careers by better understanding and utilizing their professional knowledge, skills, abilities.
SOLID’s virtual workplace, emphasis on work/life balance, and team-based approach will allow you to have a big impact at a small company. We also offer generous paid time off, a 401(k) with a company match, a profit-sharing plan, and comprehensive medical, dental, and disability insurance benefits.
The Manager of Analysis Operations supports the Director of Research and Analysis by implementing the goals and policies set by the Director and other SOLID leaders. The Manager of Research and Analysis works with Team Leads and other relevant stakeholders to appropriately staff and monitor the Analysis Department, ensuring that all project needs are met. The position collaborates with Analysis Team Leads, IT Team Leads, Project Managers, and Project Owners to direct resources to projects and products.
This is also a supervisory role focusing on the careers and day-to-day operations of the Analysis Team Leads. The Manager is responsible for coaching and guiding Analysis Team Leads with their day-to-day issues and escalating items, as necessary, to the Director of Analysis. The Manager ensures the careers of all Analysts are managed effectively, and includes coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees as needed.
The Manager will assist with the review and management of the departmental budget, including providing valuable insights to the Director of the Analysis Team and to People Operations regarding compensation recommendations, training and development needs, and equipment/software.
This role requires the ability and experience to make difficult decisions, manage time effectively, lead and inspire a team, and communicate with clients. Managers at SOLID are expected to be excellent representatives of the SOLID culture, provide timely and consistent performance feedback, and ensure quality and accountability throughout their team.
SOLID has operated a virtual workplace environment for 18 years; you will work from home as the Manager of Research and Analysis at SOLID. Many of our employees reside in the DC metropolitan area and this is our preference for the candidate, but we encourage you to apply if you live outside this area.
You’ll be joining a well-established, agile-based team and playing a critical role in the design and implementation of web applications and digital tools that are utilized daily by U.S. Military Service members and other individuals. This is an exciting opportunity to play a big part on a small but impactful team, and to create something that will be used to improve the lives of many Americans!
Applicants must be U.S.Citizens.
- Lead the hiring of analysis staff.
- Identify training needs and coordinate analysis staff training.
- Organize and oversee the day-to-day operations of the analysis department.
- Provide constructive and timely feedback and performance reviews of direct reports.
- Directly support the Director of the Analysis Team by implementing the goals, objectives, policies, and procedures in conjunction with Analysis Team Leads.
- Collaborate with Project Managers and IT personnel to determine and implement proper usage of project resources.
- Assess and manage Analysis Team workload and oversee assignment of tasks according to project needs and budgets, individual staff workload, and areas of expertise.
- Communicate with Analysis Team Members and analyze quality of research and analysis deliverables, providing risk mitigation reports and recommendations to the Director of Research and Analysis.
- Evaluate research and analysis processes, tools, and resources; provide analysis and recommendations to Director of Research and Analysis on how to improve these areas.
- Perform personnel functions, such as selection, training, or evaluation, as well as coaching and guiding Analysis Team Leads.
- Research, implement, and ensure quality control mechanisms are utilized.
- Perform client-facing duties as necessary; serve as support for important external stakeholder meetings and events.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required; master’s degree preferred (or equivalent experience).
- Minimum of five (5) years related experience in managing quantitative and qualitative occupational analysis required.
- See Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities section below for clarification on occupational analysis.
- Demonstrated experience managing, leading, and inspiring teams.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience and success in portfolio management.
- Understanding of and ability to guide staff on potential for leveraging of technological analysis process improvements (e.g., Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning).
- Knowledge of military and civilian occupation classification systems, including the Department of Labors O*NET and Standard Occupational Classification Systems.
- Knowledge of Credentialing Ecosystem, to include an understanding of:
- Certification, Licensure, Apprenticeships, and Education Pathways
- Higher Education Prior Learning Assessment Processes
- American Council on Education (ACE) Military Credit Recommendations
- Understanding of and/or experience with performing job-task, training, and/or skill gap analysis for civilian occupations, and/or academic and non-academic credentialing pathways.
- Understanding of and/or experience with the United States Military’s mission, structure, professional development opportunities, and occupational classification systems.
- Knowledge, understanding, and experience working in high-level client-facing roles with government and/or DoD clients.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to lead and inspire a team.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and think creatively and to provide overall strategic direction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking experience and abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong management skills.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
SOLID is an equal opportunity employer.
SOLID operates under a virtual workplace model; thus, this position will be home-based. We will provide all the necessary computer equipment and collaboration tools required for the position.
To apply, please fill out the form below.