|Position Type:||Full Time, ~40 hours per week|
|Salary:||Commensurate with Experience and Skills|
|Location:||Remote; Work From Home|
Find a new opportunity at SOLID! Join our well-established, growing company as an Occupational Analyst where you will be a critical part of a team creating solutions to help United States Military Veterans plan for and transition into successful civilian careers.
SOLID’s virtual workplace, emphasis on work/life balance, and team-based approach will allow you to have a big impact at a small company. We also offer generous paid time off, a 401(k) with a company match, a profit-sharing plan, and comprehensive medical, dental, and disability insurance benefits.
SOLID has operated a virtual workplace environment for the 17 years we’ve been in business; you will work from home as an Occupational Analyst at SOLID. Most of our employees reside in the DC metropolitan area and this is our preference for the candidate, but we encourage you to apply if you live outside this area.
The ideal candidate must possess the ability to organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks. They must have strong initiative and be able to work independently, but also be comfortable working remotely with a team of analysts. Due to the military focus of much of our work, this position would be well suited for a military veteran or military spouse.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a big part on a small but impactful team, and to create something that will be used to improve the lives of United States Military Service members and Veterans!
Applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
The Occupational Analyst will work as part of a research team on multiple projects. Job responsibilities may include:
- Policy analysis
- Job/task analysis
- Occupational classification
- Workforce development research
- Skills gap analysis
- Training needs analysis
- Other social science research and analysis
- Preparing technical reports
- Presentations to clients
- Business process and business rule development and documentation
- Proposal development
- Provide subject matter expertise and collaborate with IT team on digital product development
- Perform other duties as needed
- Must be a US citizen
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Public Administration, Human Resources, or I/O Psychology (or related area)
- Five (5) years of related experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent research and analytical skills (with an emphasis on types of analysis noted above)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong computer skills including but not limited to Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Military HR, Military career counseling, or Military recruiting information
- Civilian Occupational classification systems (e.g., SOC, O*NET, OPM)
- Military occupational classification as well as military education and training
- Credentialing, including professional certification and licensure
- SharePoint and Office 365 environments
- Military Veterans encouraged to apply!
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
SOLID is an equal opportunity employer.
SOLID operates under a virtual workplace model; thus, this position will be home-based. We will provide all the necessary computer equipment and collaboration tools required for the position.
To apply, please fill out the form below.