Find a new opportunity at SOLID! Join our well-established, growing company as an Operations Assistant where you can be a key part of a team researching, creating, and improving solutions to help United States Military personnel transition into civilian careers by better understanding and utilizing their professional knowledge, skills, abilities.
The Operations Assistant supports multiple senior leaders and business support roles at SOLID. The individual will perform a wide range of high-level office support duties and administrative tasks for various projects, including recording meeting minutes, writing correspondences, preparing statistical reports and spreadsheets, performing payroll and office support, handling information requests, fulfilling employment administrative tasks, making travel arrangements, and maintaining/coordinating calendars and schedules.
The Operations Assistant is a flexible position, tackling ongoing and repeating tasks as well as assisting with varying project teams when additional administrative or coordination support is required.
This role will range from basic clerical tasks to more complex administrative/operational support coordination. The ideal candidate must possess the ability to organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks. They must have strong initiative and be able to work independently as this is a work-from-home position.
Candidates should bring at least two years of experience in an administrative role such as Executive Assistant or Office Manager, preferably in a remote or work-from-home environment at a firm that supports military and/or US government clients. Candidates with experience in Government contracting and familiarity with best practices around general project coordination are ideal.
SOLID’s virtual workplace, emphasis on work/life balance, and team-based approach will allow you to have a big impact at a small company. We also offer generous paid time off, a 401(k) with a company match, a profit-sharing plan, and comprehensive medical, dental, and disability insurance benefits.
SOLID has operated a virtual workplace environment for 18 years; you will work from home as an Operations Assistant at SOLID. Many of our employees reside in the DC metropolitan area and this is our preference for the candidate, however we encourage you to apply if you live outside this area.
This role is well-suited for an individual with a Military background looking for an opportunity to advocate and support US Military Service Members.
Applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and appointments, including developing agendas.
- Prepare and distribute minutes or other records for meetings.
- Research and perform data collection, to include for business development purposes.
- Document preparation and editing, including assisting with proposal writing.
- Perform basic administrative contract management tasks.
- Track, file, and prioritize senior leader emails and calendars as needed.
- Coordinate travel logistics, including conference and training registration.
- Assisting with the management of vendor accounts.
- Work collaboratively with multiple departments to help solve clerical issues.
- Assist with employee event planning, gifts, and related activities.
- Assist Human Resources with payroll, personnel, and other related duties.
- Assist Finance with invoices, payments, receipts, and other related duties.
- Represent department managers or other senior-level employees in meetings, including taking notes as needed.
- Maintain and order office supplies.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- At least two (2+) years’ experience in an administrative role
- Must be a United States citizen
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and methods.
- Strong organizational skills; ability and comfort with organizing tasks and determining priorities to meet assigned deadlines for multiple individuals; must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment.
- Demonstrated experience managing and coordinating executive and management level email and calendars.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to compile and maintain complex and extensive digital records and files.
- Ability to analyze situations carefully and adopt effective courses of action; demonstrates a proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Ability to use initiative, knowledge, and experience to make quick decisions with little oversight.
- Motivated to be a problem solver, desire to think critically to optimize and simplify process.
- Proven fluency in Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point as well as Teams, OneNote, and SharePoint.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
SOLID is an equal opportunity employer
SOLID operates under a virtual workplace model; thus, this position will be home-based. We will provide all the necessary computer equipment and collaboration tools required for the position.
To apply, please fill out the form below.