|Position Type:||Full Time, ~40 hours per week|
|Salary:||Commensurate with Experience and Skills|
|Location:||Remote; Work From Home|
Find a new opportunity at SOLID! Join our well-established, growing company as a UI/UX Developer where you will be a key part of a team creating solutions to help United States Military Veterans plan for and transition into successful civilian careers.
SOLID’s virtual workplace, emphasis on work/life balance, and team-based approach will allow you to have a big impact at a small company. We offer generous paid time off, a 401(k) with a company match, a profit-sharing plan, and comprehensive health and life insurance benefits.
SOLID has operated a virtual workplace environment for the 17 years we’ve been in business; you will work from home as a UI/UX Developer at SOLID. Most of our employees reside in the DC metropolitan area and this is our preference for the candidate, but we encourage you to apply if you live outside this area.
As a UI/UX Developer at SOLID, you will be responsible for delivering the best online user experience, which makes your role extremely important for SOLID’s success and ensuring client satisfaction. You will be constructing wireframes and mockups as well as designing graphic user interface elements.
You’ll be joining a well-established, Agile-based team and playing a critical role in the design and implementation of web applications and digital tools. This is an exciting opportunity to help create something that will be used to improve the lives of United States Military Service Members and Veterans!
All applicants must be United States citizens
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers, team analysts, engineers, and stakeholders.
- Design UI and UX strategies
- Create and maintain digital assets, such as interface design files, wireframes, and interactive mockups.
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and site maps.
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, icons, components, and widgets
- Build page navigation and search fields.
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how a site should look, feel, and function.
- Create original graphic designs such as images, sketches, and tables.
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems such as responsiveness and engagement.
- Conduct research and deconstruct our users’ digital interactions and habits.
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback.
- Create and adhere to style guide standards.
- Perform other design-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (or demonstrated UI/UX experience in lieu of degree)
- 7+ years of UI/UX development and design experience
- UI design portfolio
- Must be a United States citizen
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to discuss and explain design direction.
- Knowledge of and experience with Adobe Creative Suite; including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat and Dreamweaver.
- Experience with HTML5 & CSS3
- Problem solver, critical thinker, and client-centered mindset
- Knowledge of Figma for design and prototyping
- Some knowledge of Usability Factors in Human Computer Interaction.
- Ability to work independently and self-manage deadlines of assigned tasks and projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
SOLID is an equal opportunity employer.
SOLID operates under a virtual workplace model; thus, this position will be home based. We will provide all the necessary computer equipment and collaboration tools required for the position.
To apply, please fill out the form below.