|Position Type:||Full Time, ~40 hours per week|
|Salary:||Commensurate with Experience and Skills|
|Location:||Remote; Work From Home|
Find a new opportunity at SOLID! Join our well-established, growing company as a QA Software Engineer where you will be a critical part of a team creating solutions to help United States Military Veterans plan for and transition into successful civilian careers.
SOLID’s virtual workplace, emphasis on work/life balance, and team-based approach will allow you to have a big impact at a small company. We also offer generous paid time off, a 401(k) with a company match, a profit-sharing plan, and comprehensive medical, dental, and disability insurance benefits.
SOLID has operated a virtual workplace environment for the 17 years we’ve been in business; you will work from home as a QA Engineer at SOLID. Most of our employees reside in the DC metropolitan area and this is our preference for the candidate, but we encourage you to apply if you live outside this area.
The QA Engineer is responsible for designing and running tests of software usability, including designing, building, and running automated test scripts. The Software QA Engineer will have working knowledge of software and test design, the capability to run through tests, and the ability to analyze the results.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a big part on a small but impactful team, and to create something that will be used to improve the lives of United States Military Service members and Veterans!
Applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
- Develops, documents, and maintains automated tests that ensure software products meet design specifications and quality requirements
- Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability
- Document software defects using a bug tracking system (JIRA)
- Delivers accurate and maintainable code for test automation
- Review product requirements and specifications, and recommends improvements to ensure product testability
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years experience testing software
- Experience in a team-based Agile web development environment (preferably Microsoft .NET)
Knowldege, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability and demonstrated experience developing and writing test plans
- Experience writing and carrying out test scripts and test cases
- Experience with automated testing for web applications
- Experience with Selenium or similar automated testing software
- Knowledge and experience with software testing best practices and methodology
- Ability to design and write tests against dynamic resources such as external APIs and databases, mocking interfaces where needed
- Experience using software version control, preferably Git/GitBucket
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Ability to work independently and self-manage deadlines of assigned tasks and projects
- Experience with Python, Java, or a similar database (preferred but not required)
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
SOLID is an equal opportunity employer.
SOLID operates under a virtual workplace model; thus, this position will be home based. We will provide all the necessary computer equipment and collaboration tools required for the position.
To apply, please fill out the form below.