Compensation: Paid Internship: $20 per hour
Weekly Schedule: Approximately 40 hours per week. 9:00am to 5:00pm EST, Monday through Friday
Duration: Approximately 10 weeks
Start Date: May 17, 2021 (start date flexible based on candidate availability)
Location: Fully remote; this is a work-from-home opportunity
Find an internship opportunity at SOLID! Join our well-established, growing company as a Military Occupation Project Intern where you will play a role on a team creating digital solutions to help United States military veterans plan for and transition into successful civilian careers.
The objective of the SOLID summer internship is for the intern to learn about the military to civilian transition, to expand the intern’s skill set, train the intern for the needed skills to support the program, and to foster an appreciation for the Service members and veterans who secure our country. Efforts for the intern are in support of SOLID’s projects and its stakeholders.
You’ll join a well-established team and contribute to web application development testing, data entry and analysis, client support, web content development, and other projects based on your skills and interests. An internship with SOLID will provide you with the opportunity to explore possible career opportunities within research and analysis, web development, and content creation, while also helping you gain the valuable soft skills needed in the modern business environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain valuable experience and help create something that will be used to improve the lives of United States Military Service members and veterans!
All applicants must be United States citizens
Skills you May Develop During This Internship
- Manual testing for web applications
- Data entry and management
- Website copy and content development
- Research and data analysis
- Customer support
- Business etiquette and corporate communications
- Test the functionality and output of web applications
- Parse data for web applications
- Assist in the development and writing of website content
- Conduct research about organizations from publicly available resources
- Research and analyze policies and other data using established libraries. Develop and suggest potential courses of action based on research
- Answer emails and direct tickets using preset responses
- Perform evaluation of data, reports, and other deliverables to ensure quality and accuracy
- Capture information during meetings, calls, etc.
- Organize and prepare documents for Senior Analyst review and usage
- Completed at least two years of undergraduate course work
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must supply own laptop with at least 12 GB of RAM
- Stable, reliable internet connection
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Problem solver and critical thinker
- Ability to work independently and self-manage deadlines of assigned tasks and projects
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to conduct public information research using a search engine
- Willingness to learn, interest in veterans’ and Service member professionalization
- Word processing, data entry in Excel, email reading and writing
- Interest in quality control / quality assurance, web development, or research and analysis
- Ability to work in a fully remote setting (workspace must be free of noise or distractions)
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
SOLID is an equal opportunity employer.
SOLID operates under a virtual workplace model; thus, this position will be home based. We will provide all the necessary computer equipment and collaboration tools required for the position.
To apply, please fill out the form below.